Solicitor/Associate – Pensions – Cambridge or Milton Keynes
Competitive Salary + Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Pensions Lawyer, of approximately 3-5 years PQE, to join a highly regarded national law firm in their corporate team. The team specialise in finding commercially effective solutions to pensions problems, drafting scheme documentation and advising on transactions involving pension schemes.
The successful candidate will:
· Provide good quality, consistent, timely, solution focussed and pragmatic pensions law advice to trustee and employer clients across the public and private sector.
· Contribute specific, technical analysis of the pension law aspects of corporate activity and take a role in negotiations to ensure an appropriate outcome.
· Contribute to the internal legal knowledge management system and support the learning and development of colleagues and clients through formal or informal training.
· Represent and support the firm both internally and externally.
Skills and Qualifications:
· A mix of transactional and advisory work behind you, gained as part of a reputable pensions team and a willingness to continue with both strands of work.
· Relevant legal knowledge of, e.g. the Pensions Act 1995, Pensions Act 2004, Pensions Act 2008 and related legislation.
· Post-qualification experience of providing consistent, clear, audience tailored, legal advice on a range of pension law matters.
· Able to prioritise a portfolio of work with competing deadlines and use own initiative.
· Because pensions law is technical and highly regulated, attention to detail and accuracy.
• Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
• Happy People / Perks at Work benefits portal
• Life Assurance
• 1/3 gym membership contribution
For further information and a confidential discussion please contact Amy Lee at Errington Legal Recruitment.
Prior to joining Errington Legal, Amy studied Criminology at the University of Lincoln, she has a passion for law and has coupled this with some strong administrative experience. Amy specialises in hiring qualified solicitors (sub partner) for leading regional firms in East Anglia. In her spare time Amy enjoys going to the gym, playing in a competitive netball league and intends to get her…
At a difficult time, approaching qualification and looking for an NQ role, Errington Legal made contact with me and made the whole process so much easier and less daunting. Both Eleanor and Ellie were fantastic, helping me to prepare my CV, target the right the firms and provide great advice and assistance heading into the interviews. Without Errington Legal’s knowledge of the legal jobs market and strong relationships with local firms, I would not have been able to secure the role that I did. I can’t recommend them enough!
Errington Legal are out of London Legal Recruitment specialists with offices in:
Errington Legal Recruitment
61 Abbeygate Street
Bury St Edmunds