Do you have experience of working in an entrepreneurial environment with the ability to proactively lead on legal matters and act as a commercial sounding board?
Legal Counsel - Full Time over 4 days - Remote working
An established group of Technology companies (largely software), working closely with the group founder and CEO on a variety of legal work across the business lifecycle.
Work closely with the founder across the group structure working with businesses from formation to disposal.
Leading on corporate and commercial matters alongside broader matters such as dispute resolution, employment, intellectual property and GDPR.
This will include:
• Advising the leadership teams across the groups’ businesses, with a particular focus on the technology sector.
• Proactively offering strategic and commercial advice for both day-to-day and project matters
• Managing disputes arising from eg. Employment or professional negligence
• Creating a playbook and associated precedents and know-how for complex areas of software and licensed products.
• Reviewing, drafting and negotiating various contracts, including technology licences and collaboration agreements.
• Leading and advising on matters of privacy and GDPR compliance
6+ PQE with a minimum of 2 years in-house experience
Knowledge of contract and intellectual property law
Experience leading matters of dispute resolution
Ability to think laterally and to be proactive in matters of strategy.
Prior experience in technology sector (hardware and software) licensing and commercial contracts more broadly would be an advantage
An understanding of any the following; Mergers and Acquisitions, Intellectual Property, Commercial Contracts, Privacy would be desirable.
4 day working week
Comprehensive Benefits Package
For a confidential discussion please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities recruiter, committed to ensuring an inclusive and supportive recruitment process. We embrace and promote diversity as we understand the importance and value of this both for us and our client
Errington Legal are out of London Legal Recruitment specialists with offices in:
Errington Legal Recruitment
61 Abbeygate Street
Bury St Edmunds