Data Protection Officer - Bury St Edmunds - Flexible working available
We are recruiting for a Data Protection Officer to join our clients' passionate and driven team based in Suffolk.
The role will lead on construction law matters to deliver quality legal advice and support to internal stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include:
• Reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts to be entered into by the Projects and Technical Services divisions (and any other division proposing to enter into a contract in a standard construction industry form).
• Providing initial advice on construction disputes and liaise with external counsel on matters that are outsourced for further advice and support.
• Monitor and improve processes, practices and documentation used by the wider business from a construction law perspective.
• Remain up-to-date with changes in construction law so as to communicate the impact of the same to the business.
• Contribute to the supervision and development of junior team members (where relevant).
• Good understanding of data protection laws and regulatory environment.
• Attention to detail.
• IT literate.
• Good communications skills.
• Experience in dealing with data protection compliance.
Please note that It is a requirement of this role that you are and at all times remain an English law qualified practising solicitor.
If you like the look of this role apply now.
Alternatively for more information and a confidential discussion please contact Hollie Preston at Errington Legal Recruitment.
Please be aware that salaries listed are estimates based on market averages and may vary dependent on experience.
Hollie has an understanding of both sides of the recruitment process, having experienced being both a hiring manager, and a candidate. She therefore appreciates the importance of correctly assessing the needs of the individual, as well as those of the business/ firm. There is no longevity or success in an incorrect match, but at the same time Hollie is also able to exercise judgement on when it i…
Errington Legal provided a personal, tailored and friendly service. They listened carefully to the kind of firm that I wanted to work for and the nature of work in which I hoped to be involved then made targeted suggestions based on this. They outlined a range of options to me but were careful not to waste my time or that of firms by putting me forward for interviews for roles which were not aligned with what I was looking for. They also spent time with me in the run up to the interview helping me to prepare. As a result, they found me a role at a firm where I am extremely happy and doing a job which I love, for which I will always be immensely grateful.
Errington Legal are out of London Legal Recruitment specialists with offices in:
Errington Legal Recruitment
61 Abbeygate Street
Bury St Edmunds