Errington Legal have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious candidate with company secretarial experience to join a global law firm in their Cambridge office.
We are working in unusual circumstances and we appreciate that this is an unsettling time for all employees and employers, we have always believed in absolute transparency and as such we want to be clear about the status of vacancies. Some of the roles we have been working on have only very recently been placed on hold, whereas some are still live and the client has confirmed that we are to continue with our search. We will therefore indicate the status of each role clearly so that applicants are clear on the position.
This role is LIVE as recently confirmed by our client, interviews will be conducted via video calls.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the team from the start, whilst also working alongside other colleagues in the wider company secretary team, providing mutual support across the practice.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Oversight and management of the company secretarial function as such tasks relate to the firm's clients
• Supporting corporate transactions, including drafting board resolutions, shareholder resolutions, waivers and consents, as well as ensuring company books are updated and share certificates and Companies House filings are prepared
• Acting as an initial point of contact for client queries (internal and external)
• Preparing and filing dormant company accounts
• Arranging formation of new companies
• Assisting with company re-organisations and undertaking due diligence of company books and Companies House during investment rounds.
Key skills and experience:
• Knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory requirements, particularly the UK Companies Act 2006 and knowledge of corporate governance principles and practices.
• Ambition to develop real expertise in all aspects of company secretarial law (training will be provided). ICSA qualification is not essential, however a solid corporate transactional background is a must.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Effective team player - able to work effectively in an established, close-knit team.
• Excellent technical ability and solid drafting skills.
• A keen interest in early stage, technology-focused businesses.
• Experience of running a sizeable caseload on own initiative, with high level of organisational and time-management skills.
• Experience of building relationships with new and existing clients both in person and over the telephone.
For further information and a confidential discussion please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that salaries listed are estimates based on market averages and may vary dependent on experience.
Errington Legal is a legal specialist recruiter covering Solicitor and Legal Support vacancies. As specialists we are able to offer candidates access to the finest legal firms in the area, excellent market knowledge, and support throughout every stage of the process (all applications are confidential)
Hollie has an understanding of both sides of the recruitment process, having experienced being both a hiring manager, and a candidate. She therefore appreciates the importance of correctly assessing the needs of the individual, as well as those of the business/ firm. There is no longevity or success in an incorrect match, but at the same time Hollie is also able to exercise judgement on when it i…
I cannot praise Errington Legal and Eleanor enough. I have never been with a recruitment agency who really fight your corner. without Eleanor I would never have come across the role I now hold. Eleanor spoke with people on my behalf and really pushed my case, as well as offering advice and preparation tips she could not be more helpful. I am most grateful for all the help and support, thanks to Eleanor I have now found my niche in a job that I truly love and enjoy.
Errington Legal are out of London Legal Recruitment specialists with offices in:
Errington Legal Recruitment